I think this is my first blogpost since I moved to New Delhi on 15th October, 2010. If I've got that wrong, could my number one stalker please correct me. I have one. No really...
Recently talk of cliches has come up. As it does. Usually after the third drink these days. And I started to accept this some time back as a part of growing up. That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.
Essentially, this cliche revolves around wanting things adverts tell you. I've come to terms with the fact that I started wanting Coca Cola and pizza around a period of my life we'll call university. After wanting all these things these amazingly conveniently on demand delivery type people on mopeds with saddlebags, fridges and hotboxes could offer, I didn't realise the realisation would lock itself away somewhere in my brain. Because it's evolved.
Someone said corn on television just now. And I immediately wanted beer. You've got to give it to the brain for being so smart that it identified corn as a farm crop. And other farm crops include barley and malt. And that made me want to taste barley and malt in my mouth in the form of beer. Like now.
I've just heard that almost 80% of all foodstuffs we consume on a daily basis has a form of corn starch or sugar in it. So if I become the human Duff Man I blame television. And Mad Men.
Snarf.
Recently talk of cliches has come up. As it does. Usually after the third drink these days. And I started to accept this some time back as a part of growing up. That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.
Essentially, this cliche revolves around wanting things adverts tell you. I've come to terms with the fact that I started wanting Coca Cola and pizza around a period of my life we'll call university. After wanting all these things these amazingly conveniently on demand delivery type people on mopeds with saddlebags, fridges and hotboxes could offer, I didn't realise the realisation would lock itself away somewhere in my brain. Because it's evolved.
Someone said corn on television just now. And I immediately wanted beer. You've got to give it to the brain for being so smart that it identified corn as a farm crop. And other farm crops include barley and malt. And that made me want to taste barley and malt in my mouth in the form of beer. Like now.
I've just heard that almost 80% of all foodstuffs we consume on a daily basis has a form of corn starch or sugar in it. So if I become the human Duff Man I blame television. And Mad Men.
Snarf.

No comments:
Post a Comment